We deliver a full range of subscription-based information resources published worldwide, in all languages, in all media, including electronic and print journals, e-journal and e-book packages, digital archives, back issues, and more.
"Since 1895, Otto Harrassowitz Buchhandlung has been supplying Stanford with books and journals, always with precision and competitive pricing. For the past decade and more, Harrassowitz has been our serials jobber of choice, managing with us thousands of contracts and dealing with the usual vagaries. We have been well served throughout these 120 years, even with two World Wars interfering with Harrassowitz’ customary prompt deliveries.
Michael A. Keller (since 1993 at Stanford, but before then Yale, Berkeley, Cornell, and SUNY/Buffalo – all Harrassowitz customers)
A complete service
- HARRASSOWITZ is your global partner for all subscription-based information resources published worldwide, in all languages, in all media including: journals, magazines, newspapers, proceedings, yearbooks, databases, e-journal and e-book packages, digital archives, back issues, and more.
- We deliver a complete end-to-end subscription service including: orders, renewals, invoicing, cancellations, claims, management reports, and direct or consolidated shipment.
- HARRASSOWITZ accepts early payment for all or a portion of the projected cost of subscription orders for the forthcoming year through our generous Prepayment Credit Plan
- The plan delivers both immediate cost savings and on-going administrative savings to customers.
- Service charges are negotiated individually with libraries based on service requirements and subscription list. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
- Through our firm price invoicing, we achieve one invoice per line per year, saving customers time and money.
- Fokus, our online system for managing subscriptions and standing orders, is provided free of charge to all of our customers. Using Fokus, customers can easily and quickly browse, review and order new titles, subject collections, and e-journal packages.
- Fokus serves customers’ collection development needs from procurement through to evaluation and by enabling them to:
- Access bibliographic information, including subject classification, prices, publication announcements (including dates for not yet published volumes), media, e-resource related information, and availability
- Search by publisher, format, and other useful criteria
- Browse and order new titles through an intuitive interface designed to deliver an efficient procurement experience
- Modify existing orders and review the order history (e.g. which volumes were supplied when at which price against which invoice, etc.).
- Enter claims for print and electronic titles; review the status of existing claims
- Online renewal management
- Access financial information including PDFs of invoices and credits
- Request and schedule management reports
- We are capable of receiving and supplying data in all standard formats, and support Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) for claims and invoices in accordance with the latest international standards. Our technical teams test interface compatibility with new and emerging library management systems.
- We are committed to serving our customers to the highest technical and service standards possible and to ensure we continue to meet our customers’ operational needs, our technical teams test interface compatibility and data exchange with new and emerging library management systems as they become available.
- Backed by our team of dedicated professionals and underpinned by state-of-the-art technology, we meet the challenges of today’s libraries by supporting every stage of their electronic resources workflow, including:
- resource identification and evaluation
- license management
- resource activation
- access management
- collection evaluation and package comparison
- decision-support and management reporting
- HARRASSOWITZ E-Stats for usage evaluation
At your service
- The HARRASSOWITZ Subscription Services team is dedicated to delivering flexible, personal and efficient service.
- Our staff are organized by publisher country, resulting in a high level of expertise of individual publisher processes and requirements, and optimizing communications. The extensive language capabilities amongst staff ensure effective transactions with publishers, as communication is always in the publisher’s native language.
- Our publisher experts are also knowledgeable about the licensing terms and conditions for their publishers’ titles, enabling them to promptly answer order, claim, or access resolution questions. In this way, HARRASSOWITZ’s library customers have an entire team of professional staff at their disposal servicing their needs.
- Our staff speak a total of 20 languages and all are fluent in English, communicating whenever possible in the publisher’s and customer’s native language.