Combining quality service and specialist knowledge, HARRASSOWITZ is one of the world's leading and most trusted suppliers of music scores. We are committed to providing choice and a flexible service and can supply scores as firm orders, standing orders and on approval plans.
"The HARRASSOWITZ database manifests a profound level of detail and yet is easily navigated whether searching for a particular composition or checking on a copy of an institution’s invoice. Most importantly, however, is the interaction with the staff that we greatly appreciate. Communication is always swift, cordial, and accommodating at every level. It is a joy to work with HARRASSOWITZ! "
Deborah Campana, Conservatory Librarian, and Anne Sprague, Scores and Monographs Cataloger (and oversees Conservatory Library Acquisitions), Oberlin College
Gold standard service
- Combining quality service and specialist knowledge, HARRASSOWITZ is the world's leading and most trusted supplier of music scores.
- We supply scores from Europe, North America, Asia, Australia, and beyond.Our close relationships with well-known publishers and self-publishing composers enable us to offer our library customers an unrivalled range of scores.
- In addition, we specialize in making unpublished material from publishers' archives available as fully authorized copies for purchase.
- We are committed to providing choice and a flexible service and are proud to offer our range of industry-leading Music Scores Approval Plan services.
- We are also pleased to provide a fast, reliable Standing Order service for music series, sets, composers' collected editions, and Monuments of Music.
- We automatically de-duplicate all music score orders, both print and electronic, against a library's approval plan, firm orders, and standing orders.
- To support customers with acquisitions, OttoEditions, HARRASSOWITZ's online system for managing book and music score acquisitions, is provided free of charge to all HARRASSOWITZ customers keeping them fully informed and up-to-date with their music orders, and options pertaining to those orders.
- OttoEditions features over 250,000 music scores with approximately 8,000 new scores added annually, and serves as a comprehensive collection development tool enabling customers to browse, review, select, and order individual music scores and collections, saving them considerable time and effort.
- We accept orders from libraries in all formats including through OttoEditions, in EDIFACT, X12, BISAC or real-time electronic orders via API, plus orders sent by email, fax and post.
- HARRASSOWITZ maintains a Composers List which has been in existence for 45 years and today features more than 3,500 composers. The list is continuously updated and is both a comprehensive listing of contemporary composers and an invaluable resource for collection development.
- HARRASSOWITZ understands the importance of collection development within the library and in support of this, our world-class Music Scores Approval Plan services help customers provide an up-to-date and comprehensive range of music resources to their patrons.
- We are committed to providing our customers with choice and a flexible service and offer a range of approval services tailored to our customers' needs as follows:
- Music Scores Approval Plans
- Virtual Music Scores Approval Plans
- New Title Announcements
- Any titles that the library has already ordered from HARRASSOWITZ, either through our Standing Order or Firm Order Services, are automatically suppressed from the above approval services.
- To ensure our Music Scores Approval Plan services meet their collection requirements, customers can tailor their approval selections to their library's profile using our comprehensive range of music categories.
- Libraries may alternatively create their own individual composer lists by choosing composers from any of our predefined categories.
- HARRASSOWITZ Approval Plan staff are happy to assist customers in creating a profile.
- To support budgeting and planning, HARRASSOWITZ can supply an annual estimate for the cost of a library's profile.
At your service
- Our Music Scores Services team is dedicated to delivering flexible, personal and efficient service.
- All are certified music dealers and/or musicologists. The majority have many years' information supply chain experience.
- We pride ourselves on the expertise of our Music Scores Approval Plan staff. All undergo extensive additional training before taking on full selecting responsibilities, which means our customers benefit from their in-depth knowledge and experience.
- Our music staff are amongst the most knowledgeable and efficient in the industry, and we take pride in the fact that we fulfil over 98% of our music score orders.
- Our staff as a whole speak a total of 20 languages and all are fluent in English, communicating whenever possible in the publisher's and customer's native language.
Return Policy for Books and Music Scores