Overall, 98% of our customers describe themselves as either “satisfied” or “very satisfied”.
Our customers consistently identify us as an industry leader in terms of the quality, accuracy and speed of our customer service and often refer to our service as the Gold Standard in information supply.
We specialize in providing a comprehensive range of high-quality acquisitions and collection development support services to academic and research libraries for the following types of resources: subscriptions, standing orders, approval plans, monographs, music scores, and databases.
We invite you to join the thousands of satisfied libraries around the world who benefit daily from our:
- dedication to delivering outstanding service
- decades of information industry experience
- highly trained professional staff
- immaculate record of financial stability
- latest ISO certification
- leadership in industry standards
Headquartered in Wiesbaden, Germany, HARRASSOWITZ currently employs approximately 200 staff. The North American Library Services office is located in Mobile, Alabama.
Our Service Commitment
- Our staff are dedicated to delivering flexible, personal and efficient service. Working closely with our library colleagues, we are committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- In support of this, we pride ourselves in hiring and retaining high-caliber, experienced staff, enabling us to understand and anticipate the needs and concerns of our customers, and to deliver the professional and reliable services they value.
- Many of our staff are certified as booksellers and/or university-educated and the majority have many years’ information supply chain experience. Many of our sales staff have library experience and/or are qualified librarians. HARRASSOWITZ staff as a whole speak a total of 20 languages and all are fluent in English.
Our vision is to be the premier content management solutions provider and first choice service partner of academic
A trusted partner to libraries and publishers world-wide, we deliver industry-leading, tailored services empowering them to fulfill their vital role supporting the world´s teaching, learning and research. Our core values of trust, respect, teamwork and reliability, inspire us to anticipate our customers’ needs and exceed their expectations.
Our Code of ConductSee our Code of Conduct >
Our historySee our history >
HARRASSOWITZ: Service. Quality. Integrity. Since 1872.