We are a leading supplier of scholarly and professional content through a broad range of international databases.
"For over a decade, HARRASSOWITZ has carefully stewarded our collection, providing respectful and prompt customer service, and putting our interests above their own. They are a true partner -- expert, honest, consistent, and trustworthy. In a word, HARRASSOWITZ has integrity."
Norm Medeiros, Associate Librarian for Collection Management & Metadata Services, Haverford College (PA), USA
Gold standard service
- HARRASSOWITZ is a leading supplier of scholarly and professional content through a broad range of international databases.
- We supply over 1000 database products supporting all areas of high-level teaching and research including: medicine, law, business, literature, engineering etc.
- Committed to making database access seamless and hassle-free for our customers and their patrons, we provide a complete end-to-end service including:
- order placement and payment to publishers
- access management
- invoices to libraries, both print and electronic
- facilitating trial access
- assisting with licensing
- processing of claims and replacement requests
- online account information
- electronic data interchange with library management systems
- management reports
- supplying COUNTER statistics
- HARRASSOWITZ accepts early payment for all or a portion of the projected cost of database orders for the forthcoming year.
- Libraries depositing a prepayment with HARRASSOWITZ receive a credit based on the amount and date of the prepayment.
- Licensing requirements and platform fees vary according to product and provider and, as part of our comprehensive service offering, HARRASSOWITZ can negotiate database license agreements on behalf of individual library customers and consortia if requested.
- Fokus, HARRASSOWITZ's online system for managing subscriptions and standing orders, includes a comprehensive listing of international databases, and is provided free of charge to all HARRASSOWITZ customers, keeping them fully informed and up-to-date with their HARRASSOWITZ database orders, and options pertaining to those orders.
- Fokus serves as a comprehensive collection development tool listing all subject classifications for easy identification of potential database titles.
- Fokus serves customers' collection development needs from procurement through to evaluation and by enabling them to:
- Access bibliographic information, including subject classification, prices and availability
- Browse and order new products through an intuitive interface designed to deliver an efficient procurement experience
- Modify and review order history
- Manage e-resource-related data via the E-Resource Profile
- Access financial information including PDFs of invoices and credits
At your service
- The HARRASSOWITZ Database Services team is dedicated to delivering flexible, personal and efficient service.
- Database staff are organized by publisher, resulting in a high level of expertise of individual publisher processes, products and requirements, and optimizing communications.
- Our database experts are also knowledgeable about the licensing terms and conditions for their products, enabling them to promptly answer order and access resolution questions. In this way HARRASSOWITZ's library customers have an entire team of professional staff at their disposal servicing their needs.
- Our highly trained staff speak a total of 20 languages and all are fluent in English, communicating whenever possible in the publisher's and customer's native language.