We provide a fast, reliable standing order service for book series, sets in progress, proceedings, annuals, loose-leaf publications and yearbooks, in all media.
"As a customer of Otto Harrassowitz for over 35 years in multiple institutions, I have nothing but the highest praise for their services. This is especially important for standing orders where their attention to detail over a long period of time ensures holdings are current and complete."
James Mouw, Associate University Librarian for Collections and Access, the University of Chicago Library
Gold standard service
- HARRASSOWITZ provides a fast, reliable standing order service for monographic series, irregular series, sets in progress, proceedings, annuals, loose-leaf publications and yearbooks, in all media as follows:
- Print and electronic formats published in the following regions and countries: the whole of Europe, Russia, Egypt, Israel, India, Sri Lanka, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa; we are also pleased to supply a growing number of North American (including Canadian) titles
- We provide a complete end-to-end service including:
- Order placement and payment to publishers
- Access management for electronic series and e-book collections
- Invoices to libraries, both print and electronic
- Processing of claims and replacement requests
- Online account information
- Management reports
- Online serials database
- Electronic data interchange with library management systems
- Because of their irregular nature, standing order titles remain on order until cancelled and are not included in the annual renewal process for subscriptions.
- For standing order print volumes, HARRASSOWITZ consolidates and ships from its headquarters in Germany.
- We also check for duplication among firm orders, approval plans and New Title Announcements.
- Orders are accepted for current and future publications as well as for back volumes
- HARRASSOWITZ provides customers with a sophisticated publication monitoring and claiming system. As a result we are able to notify our customers of upcoming volumes, new editions or delays in publication.
- HARRASSOWITZ is committed to providing our customers with choice and a flexible service: for customers who want to be fully informed about all volumes of a title, but who don't necessarily want a standing order, some series or sets can be designated a quotation or "on offer" status.
- All standing order titles are conveniently listed in Fokus (HARRASSOWITZ's online system for managing subscriptions and standing orders).
- Fokus, HARRASSOWITZ's online system for managing subscriptions and standing orders, is provided free of charge to all HARRASSOWITZ customers, keeping them fully informed and up-to-date with their HARRASSOWITZ orders, and options pertaining to those orders.
- Fokus also serves as a comprehensive collection development tool listing all available media for a standing order title plus subject classifications for easy identification of potential standing order titles. Searching by publisher, format, and other useful criteria is fast and easy.
- Fokus serves customers' collection development needs from procurement through to evaluation and by enabling them to:
- Access bibliographic information, including subject classification, prices, publication announcements (including dates for not yet published volumes), media, e-resource related information, and availability
- Search by publisher, format, and other useful criteria
- Browse and order new titles through an intuitive interface designed to deliver an efficient procurement experience
- Modify existing orders and review the order history (e.g. which volumes were supplied when at which price against which invoice, etc.).
- Enter claims for print and electronic titles; review the status of existing claims
- Online renewal management
- Access financial information including PDFs of invoices and credits
- Request and schedule management reports
At your service
- HARRASSOWITZ Standing Orders Services is a team dedicated to delivering flexible, personal and efficient service.
- In support of this, we pride ourselves in hiring and retaining high-caliber, experienced staff, enabling us to understand and anticipate the needs and concerns of our customers, and to deliver the professional and reliable services they value.
- Our standing order staff are amongst the most knowledgeable and efficient in the industry. All are certified as booksellers and/or university-educated and the majority have many years' information supply chain experience.
Our staff as a whole speak a total of 20 languages and all are fluent in English, communicating whenever possible in the publisher's and customer's native language.